Southside ISD Education Foundation Innovative Teaching Grants are designed to encourage, facilitate, recognize and reward innovative and creative instructional approaches to the accomplishment of program objectives. The Southside ISD Education Foundation is offering teachers and administrators the opportunity to apply for grants to support Innovative programs or projects to support higher levels of student learning. The grants must enhance student academic performance and support the objectives, goals, and initiatives related to curriculum.
Persons Eligible to Apply for Grants:
Individuals or teams of individuals employed by Southside lSD who are involved in the instruction of students are eligible to apply for a grant.
Instructional approaches or projects designed to begin during 2016 and which meet the selection criteria. Grants may fund instructional and classroom materials, parent involvement programs, or any activity or material which supports higher levels of student Academic achievement.
Award of Funds:
Grants up to $5000.00 will be awarded to individual teacher initiated programs or projects. The number of awards will depend on funds available from the Southside ISD Education Foundation.
- The degree to which the grant supports or includes one of the following; Southside ISD District goals, Campus Improvement Plan, DEIP and or curriculum goals. Plan and is specifically designed to address an area of need substantiated by data.
- The degree to which student academic performance is emphasized.
- The degree to which sound evaluation procedures are incorporated in the proposal.
- The degree to which the proposal represents a creative or innovative approach to the accomplishment of objectives. (The proposal should address a new project as opposed to one accomplished or under way.
- The degree to which the proposal is clear and logical, including (a) specificity of objectives; (b) clarity of description of instructional procedures, methods or treatments: and (c) correspondence among evaluative procedures, objectives and treatments.